Wednesday, August 22, 2018

TOPIC 1: MUSIC'S INFLUENCE

Though music is a huge part of my life, and it has a big impact on shaping me who I am today, there still can be some songs that make me second guess if this type of music is right for me. Being the age I am, as well as being surrounded by other friends and influencers, rap music is very popular. The music is trendy and super in nowadays, and I can’t deny that it is a great genre to listen to while getting hype before a big a game. Some artists I hesitate to listen to though because of their lyrics being too derogative. For example, famous rapper Gucci Mane has a popular song called “I Get the Bag”, and one part of the song I seriously cringe at because it makes me so uncomfortable. I don’t see myself as a big feminist type, but after taking an English class with a very feminist teacher in high school, I have my moments! I honestly don’t mess with that song anymore and don’t particularly like Gucci Mane in the first place. I don’t really listen to him anymore, and his sexist remark in the song is part of that reason.
Like I said, I enjoy many rap artists and rap music in general. My favorite rap artists would include J. Cole, Migos, Kendrick Lamar, Post Malone, and Travis Scott. I listen to them the majority of the year, especially while at school because that is mostly what the environment around me is listening to anyway. But during the summer, I am all about country music. Luke Bryan, Tim Mcgraw, Eric Church, Florida Georgia Line, Jason Aldean… The list goes on and on and on. Something about good summer vibes and the warm weather makes country the ultimate genre to listen to.

No comments:

Post a Comment