Thursday, August 2, 2018

NEWSPAPERS

I try to get my local news from reliable sources, which comes from social media most of the time. Twitter, I would say is the number one news source I use. After making a second account on Twitter to just focus on what’s really going on in the world, like with President Trump, and things happening and affecting many people, it has really opened my eyes on the lack of knowledge I really have on certain things. I do not have a subscription to any publications, mainly for the reason that I can get free news off of the Internet whenever I need to, as well as through social media, friends, and family. On a scale of one to five, I would say I would be a three on being most informed on what is going on with current events. Whether it be throughout the world, or in my community. A big part of that has to do with my interests. I’m more interested in getting to know the information about new movies or sports in my general community or even across the nation, rather than politics and economics. I believe it’s very important to stay informed on what’s going on throughout your community (and nation) in order to be a change, and have your voice heard on some situations that you can make a difference on. For example, if someone is trying to change a rule having to do with sports in our community, I would probably like to know that so that I can take the right repercussions and learn how to adjust. Same goes for if you all the sudden have a new governor, and they start to change things… Or just like in any change of society. These are all good reasons to stay ahead on new information.

No comments:

Post a Comment